(photographed at Broken Coconut in New York)
Most of us are still in the grip of a winter snap, counting down the days till we can toss off the layers and jump into the ocean/pool/warm embrace of the sun. Summer. Cannot. Come. Soon. Enough. Instead of waiting idly by, we asked Melissa Wood-Tepperberg, founder of Melissa Wood Health and creator of the MWH Method, to share her masterclass on healthy living, from fitness to mindfulness, so you can get a head start on feeling good now. Goodbye, hibernation…
No. 1 tip to overall wellness…
There’s nothing more powerful than a peaceful mind. Finding time in each day to sit in stillness in a meditation, whether it’s listening to a guided one or sitting silently with your eyes closed. At the end of the day, it all starts with the state of the mind.
My favorite cold-weather workout routine…
A hot yoga class or an indoor chair series. Also wearing a cute matching sweatsuit to turn up the heat. 🙂
3. Don’t underestimate the power of using your own body weight as the most effective prop that you always have access to.4. Create a sick playlist that, every time you turn it on, makes you want to roll out your mat.
5. On days where you don’t have time to make it to a class or have the money, find someone online that you absolutely love and makes you look forward to showing up for yourself every single day. Workouts will become less work and more enjoyable.
TOP 3 TIPS TO FUELING YOUR BODY
1. Start your morning with a glass of warm water with lemon, and a probiotic.
2. After that, I love fruit in the morning on an empty stomach or my spirulina smoothie.
3. Experiment with food combining. It’s quite a game changer! (See my approach to this here.)
When you hit a wall, always remember…
This too shall pass.
And, above all else, never forget…
You are exactly where you’re supposed to be at this moment, even when you think you’re not. There’s a lesson in everything.