Ultimate Dinner Combo: Simple Salad X Veggie Pasta
This salad and pasta combo will forever be my go-to, pregnant or not, it’s one of the easiest dinners to make for the whole family and it’s iiinsanely satisfying. It’s my first time using this whole wheat porcini trumpet pasta and I’m hooked, it’s beyond – the texture, flavor, everything! A little on the pricey side but totally worth it (plus one box goes a long way).
I always talk about how food combining has personally played such a huge role in eliminating bloat and excess weight gain in my life. In this meal, the pasta pairs perfectly with vegetables to help aid in good digestion. Click here to read my approach on simplifying how food combining works.
Let me know what you think of this one and any other summer veggies you’ve been adding in your pasta in the comments below.
INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC):
- 1 head of romaine
- 1 tomato
- 2 kurby cucumber
- Simple salad dressing (recipe linked here)
- 1 box of trumpets (Sfoglini Whole Grain linked here)
- 1/2-1/4 jar red tomato sauce
- 3-4 large kale stems
- 2 cup cremini mushrooms
- Nutritional yeast to taste (click for the brand I use)
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta by following instructions on box for 6-7 minutes
- Heat up tomato sauce in separate pan
- Sauté kale and mushrooms together using 1 tbs of water or avocado oil
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain pasta and mix with sauce in a large sauce pan with kale and mushrooms
- Top off with nutritional yeast and sea salt if you’re anything like me 🙂