The last thing I want to do is waste food, so this smoothie looks a bit different each time. Always start with a liquid base of water and/or coconut water. Next up berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries…whatever’s in the fridge – just work with what ya got! Always throw in a banana to give it that creamy texture. Then of course greens are also a smoothie staple. They’re great because you and your littles won’t even be able to taste them. Last, (optional step) add fruit that’s about to go bad – pineapple, mango, pear, etc. I slice and freeze these to add that extra sweetness and to assure nothing goes to waste.
For the kids:
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Coconut water
- 2 handfuls of any green (spinach, kale, romaine, etc.)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup of any berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- Heaping tbsp. of any nut or granola butter
- Date or 1 tbsp. maple syrup
For me (same recipe as above but also with) :
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend and enjoy!