This recipe was inspired by @drmonavand–I hit her up the second she posted this and put my own twist on them. I’m obsessed and so are the kids! You can make them your own by using blueberries, vegan chocolate chips, or almond butter. Our favorite almond butter at the moment is Manna’s Amaretto Almond (seriously, it’s to die for) and the kids have been loving their Hazelnut Cocoa Truffle flavor. (You can use code: “MWH10” for 10% off Manna Organics products)!
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup of oat milk (or whichever plant based milk you like best)
- Dash of cinnamon (if you have for extra sweetness, but not necessary!)
- Add ingredients to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Heat pan on medium
- Use Avocado spray or oil to grease pan so batter doesn’t stick
- Use ½ cup measuring cup to scoop batter into pan
- Spread almond butter on top
- Drizzle of maple syrup on top. It’s divine.
If you do better with a mix (cough cough Kate) we love Cooggies. Simply follow instructions on packaging and substitute the egg with a flax egg or banana.