Nothing says summer is starting to us like some of these staples. So, here’s an updated step by step guide to our ultimate plant-based BBQ. If you’re starting with appetizers, you can’t go wrong with guac. A massive salad is also of course a must! (MW’s current go-to is the Ella’s Flat’s Filling Salad). And finally, instructions for some plant based friendly mains below…enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC WHEN POSSIBLE):
INGREDIENTS FOR GRILLED VEGGIES:
- Portobello mushrooms
- Baby potatoes (any kind)
- Shishito peppers
- Olive Oil
PROCESS FOR GRILLED VEGGIES:
- Rinse all veg thoroughly and chop romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes for salad
- Boil water then add rinsed potatoes whole for 8-10 minutes
- Add olive oil and sea salt to taste to portobello mushrooms
- Use fork to cut through potatoes to make sure they are done then drain water and cut them in 1/2
- Add olive oil and sea salt to taste to potatoes
- Turn on the grill and let heat up for a few minutes before putting on any food
- Add portobello mushrooms (cap side in the grill) for 10 minutes until they soften and become very juicy
- Add peppers for 8 minutes and rotate every few minutes until they start to brown.
- When browned take off the grill and drizzle olive oil, sea salt and a little lemon to taste.
- Add sliced potatoes face down for 10 minute until they start to brown
INGREDIENTS FOR DILL CUCUMBERS:
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
PROCESS FOR DILL CUCUMBERS:
- Chop cucumbers
- Mix dill, white vinegar, olive oil and sea salt together
- Let sit for 45 min before eating
Recently, MW’s favorite has been this salad, but she also loves a mixed green salad with cucumber, tomatoes, and her Simple Salad Dressing recipe below.
Simple Salad Dressing Recipe (Click here for full recipe)
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil