Vegan Kelp Noodles with Pesto via Healthy With Nedi
You all know I love carbs but Nedi personally limits them, so this is the perfect recipe for people who are looking for a low carb alternative! This meal is also a great source of calcium and iron. You can keep this meal raw by adding mushrooms uncooked.
INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC):
- 1 package of Kelp noodles (I use Sea Tangle)
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Wash kelp noodles in cold water and trim them with kitchen scissors. Soak noodles in a large bowl filled with water and the juice of half a lemon for 24 hours in the fridge.
- The next day, take kelp noodles out of the fridge and rest on kitchen counter. Combine all of the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Mix the pesto with kelp noodles and set aside until ready to serve. The noodles will soften by letting them sit for an hour or two with the pesto sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat a table spoon of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes until tender. Top kelp noodles with mushrooms and serve.