My plant-based bestie @chrissygodwin, (best friends since 4th grade) has been making this creamy mushroom alfredo recently and once I tried it I needed to share this recipe. It has minimal ingredients making it perfect for a quick dinner and of course meal prep. Next time I’m going to throw some kale in there to get a green in the mix. I love trying new pasta recipes and experimenting with different veggies. I can tell you this one is going to be a regular with the fall weather kicking in.
Also follow Chrissy for the best “looks for less” finds. She’s the queen of this. Seriously – I’ll send her something I’m eyeing and in minutes she finds it for less!
Ingredients (all organic):
- 1 box chickpea pasta
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 14 ox. Coconut milk (I prefer can for this – it thickens better)
- 4-5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper to taste
- Boil chickpea pasta (follow instructions on box for boil time)
- Sauté mushrooms in avocado oil, water or veggie stock
- Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast and seasonings
- Once sauce becomes creamy and thickens, add in cooked chickpea pasta