I had the pleasure of having Sophia as a summer intern last year. She’s so dedicated to this work and shares recipes daily. Check out her Instagram @SoulfulSophia for daily recipe inspo.
Sophia has overnight oats as a staple in her kitchen. I always have a large batch in my fridge for a quick on-the-go breakfast or mid day snack (I would take out the banana if this is a mid day snack). While soaked cold oatmeal may sound odd, it is actually optimal to soak your oats for enhanced digestion. This variation of overnight oats is packed with plant based protein and fiber which are essential to keep you full and energized. Enjoy these plain, with dairy-free yogurt, or some fresh fruit.
INGREDIENTS: (ALL ORGANIC)
- 2 cups of the nut milk of your choice (I use cashew for a creamier consistency)
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Rolled Oats (NOT quick!)
- Generous dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp of Hemp Seeds
- ½ banana mashed
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Take a jar or glass container and add the dry ingredients in (Oats, Cinnamon, Hemp Seeds)
- Mix these ingredients together well
- Add your wet ingredients (nut milk, mashed banana, vanilla extract)
- Mix everything together very well in a glass jar or container and place it in the fridge overnight
After sitting over the night, the oats will have absorbed much of the liquid and have a really delicious consistency. You can always add more liquid if you want them to be more creamy! This batch should last for about 2-3 servings. This recipe is great for those who are on-the-go and don’t have much time to put together breakfast or snack. Enjoy!