CAULIFLOWER PIZZA TWO WAYS
There’s been so much buzz around cauliflower crust pizza so I wanted to take my own stab at it. You guys know how simple I am in the kitchen, so I ordered this cauliflower crust version on Amazon. I know some people like to make it homemade, which is definitely a more cost effective option, but this saves you time and hassle in the kitchen. From start to finish, both pizzas featured below took 25 minutes.
My consensus? To fill your pizza craving, this is a great healthy alternative that was absolutely delicious. I made both a classic margherita and mushroom pesto. Ingredients and process below. Let me know what you think, and also what your favorite pizza toppings are that I should try next!
INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC):
- Cauliflower Foods cauliflower crust
- Organico Bello Marinara Sauce
- Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Pesto (see my recipe here)
- Nutritional Yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 375-400° (while preheating, remove the crust from the package)
2. Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, put the pizza in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, turning to the other side half way through
3. Remove crust from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes while preparing toppings
4. Sauté mushrooms and onions with half a teaspoon of coconut oil for 4 minutes, cut tomatoes into slices
5. Put pesto and red sauce on each pizza then layer toppings (in order: pesto, spinach, mushrooms/onion, nutritional yeast and red sauce, cheese, basil, tomato)
6. Bake for an additional 8 minutes to broil toppings
7. Take out of the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes