VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH “MAC AND CHEESE” RECIPE
How delicious does this look and sound? I had to share this insane recipe from Laurie Lloyd from LivLight. Check out her site LivLight for tons of amazing recipes, including for the babes.
INGREDIENTS: (ALL ORGANIC)
- 1 box dry pasta (I use brown rice or chickpea)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lb butternut squash, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch garlic powder
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook pasta according to package.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high and add minced garlic.
- Saute´quickly, allowing garlic to slightly brown but not burn.
- Add almond milk and bring to a boil. Add 2 cups squash, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer until thick and squash has softened slightly. In the meantime, place remaining squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray. Cook until slightly browned.
- Transfer mixture from skillet to blender, and blend until smooth, about 30-40 seconds.
- Pour the smooth sauce back into the skillet; add drained pasta and additional roasted squash.
- Stir well to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley.