RE-HEATING BROWN RICE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI, KALE AND GREEN PEAS
This entire recipe takes 10-12 minutes to make using some pre- cooked ingredients. I find re-heating pasta this way keeps it tasting fresh and soft. This is also the ratio I recommend when eating pasta. Load it with vegetables to help optimize digestion.
Ingredients (All Organic)
- 1/2 box already cooked Jovial (hyperlink) brown rice pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Nutritional yeast
- Himalayan sea sat
- Cayenne pepper
- English peas
- Vegan mozzarella
- Add 2 cups of water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Then add the already cooked (but cold) brown rice pasta until the noodles soften. Then add 1/2 cup already cooked peas to the pasta to heat up. (They were frozen peas but already heated at one point). This was about 2 1/2 cups of penne.
- In another medium size saucepan- add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and add already chopped broccoli (about 1-1/2 cups) for 4-5 minutes until it softens.
- While this is cooking – chop 3 heads of kale.
- Drain the pasta/peas and broccoli and add all ingredients into the large saucepan with minced garlic and a dash of water and olive oil (about 3-4 tbsp).
- Add 1 1/2-2 cups of raw kale to the top and mix everything together for 4 minutes. Kale cooks fast!
- Season with sea salt to taste, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Grate Vegan mozzarella on top and enjoy this delicious dish that takes about 10-12 minutes in total to make.