SPIRULINA WITH AN EXTRA… EXTRA BOOST
This is an updated twist on my spirulina smoothie. These before sunrise wake up calls with my son (help…how is this happening at age two), have me adding as much energy boosting ingredients as I can to my smoothies to feel as normal as possible. In addition to the spirulina powder/plantbased protein, I add a tbsp of this Hum green superfood powder. Not only does it help boost energy levels immediately, it contains adaptagens + enzymes + probiotics. Adaptogens help mange your body’s hormonal response to stress. Yes please!
Ingredients (All Organic)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 frozen banana or add ice if not frozen
- 1 cup mixed strawberries and raspberries
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce
- small chunk peeled cucumber (about 1-2 inches)
- 1/2 pitted date
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp HUM superfood powder
- Add all ingredients in the blender (Click Here for the one I use) and blend for 30-40 seconds until smooth.