I typically do not have the biggest sweet tooth. I personally prefer salty but this cinnamon, hazelnut avocado mousse is pretty insane. Don’t let the avocado filling scare you…I promise you wouldn’t know there was avocado in there if I didn’t tell you. The roasted hazelnuts and raspberry combo on top is perfection. I know this is my recipe but I promise it’s a good one to bring as your holiday contribution and it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare.
INGREDIENTS: ALL ORGANIC
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp raw cacao (not cocoa) powder
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups raspberries
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees for 4 minutes and add rinsed and dried hazelnuts for 4 minute or until they start to turn light brown.
- While the hazelnuts are toasting add 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk to vitamix.
- Scoop out the avocados and add to blender with 2 ripe peeled bananas.
- Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla bean extract, and cinnamon all to the blender and blend for 40 seconds until smooth. Add more coconut milk if necessary.
- Take hazelnuts out of the toaster and rinse raspberries.
- Scoop out all the avocado mousse from the blender into a medium size bowl and top with hazelnuts down the center and raspberries on both sides.
- Optional sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and maple syrup over the top as a final touch.