STIR-FRY VEGGIE WRAPS
This is a quick dinner I threw together to show my mom how easy and satisfying it is to eat healthy.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 cups of mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 medium zucchinis chopped
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (click here)
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of gluten free low sodium tamari
- Clean and wash all vegetables thoroughly.
- Carefully separate romaine leaves into long pieces to use for wraps.
- Finely chop onion, zucchini, broccoli, kale, spinach and mushrooms and set aside.
- Boil 1/4 cup of water in a pan and add broccoli for two minutes.
- Strain water from broccoli and then add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the same pan.
- Over medium heat add onions, mushrooms and zucchini, kale and spinach to the pan and sautee for four minutes.
- Add softened broccoli to pan and sautee for four minutes.
- Once vegetables are thoroughly cooked add cooked brown rice to pan (click here) and mix in tamari.
- Heat for two to four minutes.
- Remove from heat and top romaine pieces with rice and veggie stir-fry.